Ducati Recon Helmet by Arai
This item has been discontinued and is no longer available.
The Recon helmet, versatile and high performance, is designed specifically for sport-touring use. Based on the Arai QV-Pro shell and made with Super Complex Laminate Construction (SCLC), it combines a new internal ventilation system with VAS (Variable Axis System) sports visor, which allows you to have both a wide field of view and an area that is as resilient as possible around the temples. The graphics, designed by Drudi Performance, are sophisticated and dynamic thanks to the metallic colors that highlight the red Ducati details.
Designed after the Arai Quantum-X, this helmet features a round oval head shape.
- Peripherally Belted SNC Shell: a belt laid peripherally on the top of the eye-opening of the shell, increasing its rigidity
- ScLc (Super complex Laminate construction). 40% stronger than standard fibre glass in extension and bending resistance. Two layers of Super Fibre, one middle layer of special fibre. The middle layer consists of a very special material, a very strong and light chemical fibre exclusive to Arai
- Detachable, washable hypoallergenic inner lining
- Facial Contour System (FCS). A foam spring support in the cheek pad that compresses and rebounds makes putting the helmet on easier. The cheek pad wraps under the jaw- and cheekbone instead of mostly on the soft cheek area. FCS offers a looser fit with secure support over a larger area providing superior stability and comfort with minimal pressure
- Central liner is thinner
- Emergency Release System: both cheek pads and the neck roll can be removed quickly thanks to the advanced Emergency Release System
- Holders. Covers the visor mechanism, while ensuring maximum shell strength and a smooth dispersal of impact energy without deep recesses in the shell surface
- VAS Visor (patented) with V-shield base plate, 5mm longer and 10mm wider than the previous model
- FFS (Free Flow System). Creates airflow under the helmet that reduces wind noise and turbulence while increasing the exhaust of hot air
- Spaces for speakers
- Dual Intake. Designed for increased airflow and lower noise level, guiding fresh, cool air into the interior
- Racing closure with D-ring fastening, with button to secure the strap
- Replaceable Vented Neck roll. Easily removed and re-installed for thorough washing or replacement. With neck exhaust to enhance hot-air extraction from the interior. Increases the ventilation effect at the lower part of the helmet
- Side vent exhausts. Produce low pressure behind the rear vent for better hot air extraction. Integrated in the shell for better aerodynamics, reduce wind noise and prevent buffeting at speed. Inside, a small foam dam helps to absorb and diminish excessive noise, without reducing ventilation performance
- Three-position chin vent helps in demisting the visor and offering fresh, cool air to the rider
- Brow vents. Fresh air can enter directly to the forehead area and across the temples without the need for holes in the critical forehead area of the shell and impact absorbing liner
WRITE YOUR OWN REVIEW
Please write a product review. Your insights and opinions help your fellow motorcyclists (including us) make better informed decisions about the products so be as descriptive and informative as possible.
Earn 20 Pro Points when you submit a product review. What's This?